Testing Technician in Lockport, NY
Advanced Energy Posted: 2022-06-02
Lockport, NY 14094
Performs testing and troubleshooting of electronic equipment to meet production schedules and performance standards.
Receives instructions on daily work and new assignments.
Duties and tasks are standardized but what is performed will vary day to day. This position is based in our Lockport, NY facility.
• Performs various production assembly operations on electronic components and sub-assemblies.
• Uses test procedures, drawings, schematics and verbal/written instructions to test and troubleshoot units.
• Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where the ability to recognize nonconformities is required.
• Communicates openly and effectively in a professional manner.
• Understands and follows all safety requirements.
• Understands and follows all ISO practices and procedures.
• Maintains fixturing, performs calibration, preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance.
• May assist with training other AE employees in established processes.
• Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components,instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
• Documents test results accurately.
• May act as the technical interface with other departments.
• Models professional and positive work ethics.
• Considers the impact of quality on the customers when making decisions.
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
• Other duties as assigned
• Works in a manufacturing environment which may be noisy and fast paced.
• Many tasks are repetitive in motion and include the use of electronic assembly equipment.
• Overtime (OT) may be required in times of increased production.
• Standing 40% approx.
• Walking 20%
• Sitting 40% approx.
• Carrying 30 LBS. Max
• Pushing 50 LBS
• Pulling 50 LBS
• Ability to perform basic reading, writing, and math functions.
• Soldering skills required.
• Ability to perform basic electro/mechanical assembly skills.
• Component Identification and the ability to read technical assembly documentation and schematics required.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Basic Knowledge of SAP.
• Previous experience in electrical circuits and assemblies testing preferred.
• Proven ability and experience maintaining flexibility and being able to adapt in a team environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of ESD practices.
• AAS degree in electronics or equivalent and completion of the AE technician test.
As part of our total rewards philosophy, we believe in offering and maintaining competitive compensation and benefits programs for our employees to attract and retain a talented, highly engaged workforce.
Our compensation programs are focused on equitable, fair pay practices including market-based base pay, an annual pay-for-performance incentive plan, and discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
In addition to our competitive compensation practices, we offer a strong benefits package in each of the countries in which we operate. In the U.S., we offer a rich benefits package that includes:
• Medical - 4 different health care plan options, dental, and vision
• Short and long-term disability and life insurance
• Health savings and flexible spending accounts
• Generous paid time off starting at 4 weeks, 7 holidays and 3 floating holidays
• 8 Hours of paid volunteer time off
• 8 weeks of paid parental leave for both Moms and Dads
• Company matched 401(k)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Expanded mental health coverage and employee assistance programs
• Other voluntary benefits include pet insurance, identify theft, legal assistance, critical illness, and voluntary accident insurance
Please apply with resume via Company link
Advanced Energy is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.