Middle School Science Teacher in Buffalo, NY
Nichols School Posted: 2022-07-21
Buffalo, NY 14216
Nichols School seeks a full-time Middle School Math-Science teacher for a one-year placement.
This person will be responsible for teaching 7th graders an accelerated math curriculum along with Environmental Science. Applicants should possess content flexibility in order to teach across all grade levels.
Nichols faculty also serve as advisors to a group of Middle School students.
• are committed to collaboration and innovation.
• use inclusive and equitable practices to inform their approach to course design, instruction, and assessment.
• have a passion for student-centered instruction that centers on guiding students toward becoming competent thinkers,
researchers, and writers.
• employ a variety of types of texts and perspectives in their courses.
• integrate technology into teaching and learning.
• possess a Math/Science degree or degree in a related field.
• experience teaching Pre-Algebra; Physics or Earth Science to Middle Schoolers
• enjoy being part of the life of the school beyond the classroom.
• can serve as an athletic coach or leader of student activities.
• are committed to continually strengthening and reflecting on their teaching practice through work with other faculty and a growth coach.
Nichols School commits to being a courageous community, grounded in equity of process and outcomes, where we can all safely and authentically be ourselves and therefore accept the challenge of our collective growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Nichols School’s educational philosophy is guided and inspired by our mission to train minds, bodies and hearts for the work of life, and to carry into all we do the highest ideals of character and service.
Nichols School offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, group term life, retirement, tuition remission, ample time off and professional development.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and references to Jennifer Clarey, Director of Human Resources at Quick Apply below