Youth Development Specialist in Buffalo, NY
BestSelf Behavioral Health Posted: 2022-09-20
Buffalo, NY 14202
Youth Development Specialist are responsible for providing and monitoring programming designed to develop students' knowledge of specific activities, according to the Youth Development Specialist skill-sets, interests, hobbies and educational background.
Youth Development Specialist are positive, professional and work to the best of their ability during the after school hours.
Youth Development Specialist can deliver age-appropriate lessons, activities and/or clubs that encompass hands-on learning, community services, and community-linked activities.
Youth Development Specialist will communicate any needs, issues or feedback to the Site Coordinator in a timely manner so that any needs or student behavior (good or bad) can be addressed and dealt with efficiently.
Grades served vary per site and range from kindergarten to grade 12.
• Plan, implement and assist in high-quality recreational activities for participants for an average of 10-15 hours a week during the program year
• Develop and deliver lesson plans for enrichment blocks
• Provide a fun, safe, comfortable atmosphere which fosters respect, responsibility, caring, honesty and the opportunity to make positive choices
• Assist with daily program tasks and responsibilities, help plan, organize and participate in enrichment activities
• Request appropriate supplies, equipment and general needs for activities and events from the Site Coordinator
• Work collaboratively with Site Coordinator and School Day staff to address the needs of students and their families.
• Meet all administrative requirements to ensure compliance with state regulations and evaluation requirements.
• Schedule and assigned duties are subject to change based on the needs of the program and the clients we serve.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Youth Development Specialist have a variety of experience and educational backgrounds. Skills and abilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Technology, calligraphy, sign language, musical instrument(s), drawing, painting, singing, acting, creative writing, sewing, gardening, budgeting, repurposing, coding, website making, life skills, origami, storytelling, public speaking, performing arts, CPR or first aid, self-defense, athletics, knot-tying, astronomy and constellations, mapping, dance, goal-setting, organizational skills, etc.
• Enrichment leaders must have knowledge of academic goals and program objectives.
• Must be goal directed & organized
• Ability to work independently in addition to working with others.
• Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively with students, academic and administrative staff and community agencies.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES UNIQUE TO THIS POSITION:
• Must be available to work between the hours of 2:00PM to 6:00PM dependent of location.
• Non-building staff members typically arrive 30-60 minutes before the after school program begins (Program hours vary by each school site
• Must have teaching or instructional experience with children or youth.
• Pay is commensurate with education and licensing/certifications.
• Knowledge and relationships with community organizations and utilization of community resources is a plus.
Quick Apply with resume
or Company Link