Training Specialist in Niagara Falls, NY
Pinnacle Community Services Posted: 2023-05-22
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
$21-$23 per Hour
• Responsible for demonstrating knowledge of and passion for the mission and services of Pinnacle Community Services through training, education, engagement and establishing best practices.
• Creation and implementation of an organizational orientation and training model, utilizing a trauma informed, person centered focus.
• Valid New York State Driver’s License
• Accessibility of reliable transportation
• Strong communication skills, enjoys teaching and has great interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in a group setting and comfort with public speaking
• Strong time management skills, able to work independently and with cross functional teams
• Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to present complex information to diverse audiences
• Experience designing multiple training events in a corporate setting
• Proficiency in MS Office and in database software
• Demonstrates knowledge of the program, mission and services of Pinnacle Community Services, Inc., (PCS)
• Possess current knowledge of trauma-Informed Care principles and community referral resources
• Complies with all policies and procedures of PCS (including trauma informed care, Collective Bargaining Agreement, NASW Code of Ethics, and corporate compliance policies) and all governmental and legal requirements
• Attends and participates in appropriate Agency staff trainings and meetings
• Advocates for cultural diversity/sensitivity, Equity & Belonging as appropriate
• Respects the confidentiality of the Agency, donors and the people we serve.
• Community outreach and participation at local events required
• Represents PCS/Programs, as appropriate, in the Community
• Create an internal training curriculum and schedule for Pinnacle staff utilizing a trauma-informed, person-centered perspective highlighting best practices as they relate to agency services. This includes training strategies based on data and research, learning resources, participation/feedback tracking, etc.
• Work with team members to add to the on-boarding/orientation process by introducing Pinnacle Community Services ‘history, mission, strategic plan, etc.’ with an agency wide perspective.
• Supports the agency by assisting with various initiatives, committees, etc.
• Actively engage in and provide educational presentations for agency staff, BOD and community partners.
• Analyze the effectiveness of training and workshops to the employees and develop appropriate modification, if needed.
• Collaborate with the Agency’s management to identify training needs and create appropriate trainings. Modify training as needed.
• Work with Directors in identifying gaps in staff training attendance.
• Maintains complete and organized records, maintains required documentation and participates in regulatory audits, meetings and requests for information, submits all required documentation and reports on time as needed.
• Develop or oversee the production of instructional materials, aids and manuals.
• Attends external, virtual and internal trainings to enhance their knowledge in their role.
• Coordinate with outside resources to enhance training opportunities for staff.
• Participates actively in regularly scheduled supervision with supervisor and participates actively with this process.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Administration
Cover Letter and Resume can be sent via Quick Apply below
The information contained in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of this position.
It is the policy of Pinnacle Community Services, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in employment and delivery of those we serve without regard to hire, promotion, layoff, recall or other terms and conditions of employment because of race, creed, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity, citizenship of any person, immigration status of any person who is not a citizen of the United States, or any other category protected by law. The prohibition of discrimination includes harassment. The people we serve include all those we serve and people service groups who request and are eligible for Pinnacle Community Services, Inc. Ongoing training is provided to assure adherence to this Policy. Pinnacle Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.