Speech Language Pathologist in Lancaster, NY
The GreenFields Continuing Care Community Posted: 2023-01-31
Lancaster, NY 14086
Speech Language Pathologist | Pay & Perks
• Sign-on Bonus
• Competitive Pay based on Experience
• Retirement Plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Premier Child Care Services Onsite
• Free Access to Employee Wellness Center/Gym
• Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time
• Personal Time
• Paid Life Insurance and Pension
• Uniform Allowance
• Free parking
Speech Language Pathologist | Qualifications
• Master’s degree from University/College of accredited speech language pathology program
• New York State licensed Speech-Language Pathologist
• Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology issued by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) (preferred)
• Will accept CFY candidates
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Maintains confidentially per facility policy
Speech Language Pathologist | Role & Responsibilities
• Assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, communication, and swallowing disorders.
• Document concisely, accurately, and legibly all appropriate charting and paperwork.
• Follow ASHA guidelines for ethical and high-quality job performance.
• Develops an appropriate treatment plan per facility policy. Assures plan is in accordance with accepted professional standards. Completes all required documentation accurately and timely per facility policy (evaluations, recertifications, progress notes, daily notes and care plans).
• Timely notifies physician regarding initial treatment plan and upon change in function. Assure all physician orders are in place and updated as needed.
• Provides quality treatment as specified in the written plan in accordance with accepted professional standards and practices.
• Communicates any issues/concerns regarding resident’s progress and/or lack of to resident, family and interdisciplinary team timely. Updates treatment plan and care plan as needed.
• Communicates with the Director of Rehab Services regarding resident &/or staff issues, need for equipment &/or supplies or other concerns. Works with the Director of Rehab in setting individual & department goals.
• Attends professional workshops/seminars per professional standards & practices. Assures registration & license are current and that all required CEU’s are completed timely.
• Provides supervision of Graduate Therapists (with NYS Permit), CFY candidates, student Interns (if applicable)
• Adheres to time & attendance and dress code policies at all times.
• Performs other related duties in the department and organization as needed.
• Practices safe work habits and follows all safety procedures of the facility.
• Assures the safety, security, and wellbeing of our residents
Job Type: Full-time
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Referral program
• Retirement plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• Day shift
• Nursing home
• Rehabilitation center
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Buffalo, NY 14217: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
• Master's (Preferred)
• SLP: 1 year (Preferred)
• Speech Language Pathology License (Required)
Please apply with resume via Quick Apply
Call 716-870-8404 , ask for Kristin