Senior Accountant in Buffalo, NY
FeedMore WNY Posted: 2021-04-10
Buffalo, NY 14206
Temporary Senior Accountant
FeedMore WNY is seeking an experienced full-time Temporary Senior Accountant with primary responsibilities of financial and accounting services and assisting with managing the organization’s financial portfolio. The incumbent will be involved in a range of financial activities requiring a high attention to detail including review and approval of accounts receivable, accounts payable, expense reports, grant disbursements, and management of budgets.
* Conducts a monthly review of unclassified, unrestricted and administrative accounts and reclass as appropriate; resolve accounting errors
* Conducts research, compiles and prepares financial reports or directs staff to do so; produces monthly balance sheets, income statements, profit and loss statements, monthly cash flow statements, and budget forecasts. This includes working closely with department managers to ensure accurate budget presentation.
* Maintains complex accounts and records and performs other moderate to complicated accounting functions.
* Overall month end cycle accounting (financial statements preparation, journal entries, etc.)
* Develops, prepares and analyzes various formal financial statements, reports and records.
* Researches and prepares various moderate to complex accounting, reconciliations and journal entries.
* Reads and interprets contract information and applies to client billing and analysis.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field, with five years’ experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
* A comprehensive understanding of financial matters
* Solid organization, independent problem solving skills with the ability to analyze information
* Works Independently and as contributing Team member
* MUST have a valid Driver’s License/be capable of lifting of 35 lbs.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
100 James E. Casey Dr.
Buffalo, NY 14206
Or apply on our website with the link below.
FeedMoreWNY is an Equal Opportunity employer: M/F/D/V/SO