Registered Nurse in Buffalo, NY
People Inc. Posted: 2023-01-02
Buffalo, NY 14216
RNs at People Inc. participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team to provide nursing recommendations, care and education related to the overall plan of care for people with developmental disabilities.
• In a Residential setting, provide medical case management for individuals with developmental disabilities who are living in community-based homes.
• In a Family Care setting, work with people living with certified caregivers and supporting individuals in the caregivers' home.
• In a Day Service setting, ensure that nursing services are provided for those individuals needing services during the hours of program attendance.
• In a Respite setting, provide nursing oversight to people respiting and staff supporting them in a respite group home setting.
• Monitors and coordinates the delivery of preventive and routine health care for individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Ensures adequate scheduling and completion of health related exams, appointments, laboratory/ diagnostic testing as ordered or required.
• Assists the site management in the coordination of medical program needs with community services, medical providers and other related agencies.
• Completes nursing responsibilities as indicated on the Nursing Responsibility Checklist for Residential Programs.
• Monitors for completion of delegated health related tasks to Direct Support Staff and LPNs.
• Monitors medication administration in the facility.
• Supervises medication administration responsibilities completed by Direct Support Staff and LPNs, and ensures that staff who are passing medications are current in their certification.
• Evaluates staff medication errors. Ensures that the plan of correction and retraining follows the Medication Error Point System.
• Completes a thorough Semi Annual Medication review (Non-ICF) or ensures a Pharmacist completes a Quarterly Medication Review.
• Completes (Quarterly-ICF) Nursing review on each individual.
• Provides phone triage to sites on caseload during working hours.
• Maintains compliance with all Physicians, NP, PA, etc. orders, applicable State/Federal regulations, and agency policy and procedure.
• Presents to the assigned site when notified that state or federal survey has arrived and participates in any plan of correction related to medical citations resulting from any internal or external survey.
• Maintains communication with LPN (as applicable), Senior Residential Supervisor, residential managers, Service Coordination, Nursing Supervisor, and other staff as necessary.
• Provides health service training and agency training related to nursing services as required to staff.
• Participate in introducing nursing students from local nursing programs to the intellectual disability/developmental disability field.
• Current NYS license to practice as a Registered Nurse
• NYS Driver's License that meets agency policy
• Ability to meet physical requirements of the position when performing the following: Standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing
• Lifting requirements of 35lbs
• Physical agility and ability to react to emergency situations, including maintaining Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP-R) certification as per regulatory guidelines
• CPR certification required
Why People Inc.?
When you join the People Inc. team, you can make a difference in the lives of people receiving services while also receiving great benefits (generous PTO, PTO buyback, affordable insurance, tuition reimbursement, career mentoring, shift incentives and more), flexibility and the opportunity to help others move closer to their life goals and dreams.
People Inc. is Western New York’s largest and most experienced provider of programs for people with developmental disabilities and other special needs.
We understand that working one on one with people who have disabilities and helping them in all aspects of daily life takes a special person – someone who’s dedicated, caring and compassionate – that’s how we treat our employees.
• NYS Driver’s License that meets agency policy.
Take the first step - call 716-322-7050
Please use Quick Apply with resume
Click the link for more information