Production Shift Lead in Lackawanna, NY
Compass Minerals Posted: 2021-11-08
Lackawanna, NY 14218
At Compass Minerals, we harvest, mine and produce essential minerals that deal with nature’s challenges, including – but not limited to – highway deicing salt for the winter months, water softening salt and plant nutrition that improves the quality and yield of crops. We transform Earth’s resources that ultimately help keep people safe, feed the world and enrich lives, every day.
With our company headquarters in Overland Park, KS, Compass Minerals operates in 27 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Brazil & the United Kingdom. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone’s voice matters. We believe in work that creates value for all stakeholders, encourages collaboration at all levels and focuses on a high-performance environment where employees are challenged to be their best.
Summary: The person in this position is primarily responsible to work as well as oversee day to day activities associated with production activities. These activities include shift-specific aspects of employee safety, quality, production, shipping, bulk, and warehousing activities.
Essential Job Functions: Include but are not limited to the following:
(Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities at any time.)
• Carryout operating duties as required (ie. Forklift, Topas, loader, reworks, shipping etc.).
• To make sure that all direct reports and contractors follow our safety and HR procedures.
• Products and services meet or exceed our quality standards.
• Meeting production requirements.
• All packaged and bulk orders are fulfilled.
• Labor, energy, over times, and material efficiencies are met.
• Wheel loader run hours are kept to minimum.
• Assist in correcting downtime issues, short and long term maintenance.
• Oversee shift inspection of all production, warehousing, and mobile equipment.
• Assist in planning and execution of projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma required. Preferred: a two-year degree and related job experience.
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Compass Minerals is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
To apply for this position, or any other open position at Compass Minerals,
please visit the link below to apply
Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity employer that hires and promotes the
best candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability or sexual orientation.