Production Planner - EHS Associate in Lackawanna, NY
Compass Minerals Posted: 2022-04-27
Lackawanna, NY 14218
Producing and packaging its minerals at locations throughout the U.S., Canada and the U.K.,
Compass Minerals’ mission is to be the best essential minerals company by safely delivering
where and when it matters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct safety inspection at the beginning of every shift
• Support production and housekeeping efforts of other Operators
• Operate forklift and front-end loader for receipt of materials, place
finished goods into inventory, and loading trucks
• Rework non-conforming stock including re-wrapping and re-palletizing finished goods
• Monitor packaging area for cleanliness and perform housekeeping in all areas
in the plant as required
• Assist other Operators to make sure packaging area is set up for the
• Accurately complete production paperwork and equipment checklists daily
• Safely operate automated bagging line
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent
• Effectively communicate across functions
• At least 1-2 years of experience in a processing and packaging plant,
or similar, is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use
hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk and hear.
The employee is also required to stand,
walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
To apply for this position, Click on the link below or any other open positions at Compass Minerals Career page