Process Engineer II in Niagara Falls, NY
Vishay Posted: 2023-03-06
Niagara Falls, NY 14304
Vishay in Niagara Falls, NY is hiring a Product / Design Engineer.
The successful candidate will develop new products, customize product designs, and improve existing designs with goals of improving product performance, yield, and cost.
This position develops part specifications, aids in creating manufacturing procedures, and helps train others. Position interacts with customers, factory staff, and other product design and engineering personnel.
How You'll Help Us Build the DNA of Tech:
• Review customer specifications to determine manufacturability, ability to meet desired product characteristics, and estimated cost. Determine impact of specification revisions on existing products and update internal specifications accordingly. Customize existing products or plan new products to meet customer specifications.
• Interact with government organizations such as DLA (Defense Logistics Agency) to obtain current MIL specifications and determine process changes and/or product qualification work needed to meet these requirements. Assist with Qualified Product List (QPL) product maintenance planning.
• Project management for development of new products (new product introduction) or major projects to improve product performance, manufacturing yield, or manufacturing cost.
• Participate on teams employing lean six sigma methods to promote continuous improvement efforts.
• Assist maintaining product environmental compliance (e.g. RoHS, REACH, SGS reports), working with Vishay’s Product Environmental Compliance • Management (VPECM) and our Quality team to answer customer inquiries.
Experience You'll Need:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in electronic component design, preferably resistors or similar devices. Strong skill with AutoCAD and good working knowledge of Microsoft applications required. Not an entry level position.
• Experience with stage gate project management.
• B.S. degree in an Engineering discipline or similar physical science degree.
• Lean six sigma training is a plus.
• Thin film process or resistor manufacturing experience is a plus.
• Able to work with ITAR export controlled documents and products.
• Analyze and resolve problems individually and in team collaboration.
• Effective time management, organizational behavior, and communication.
• Comfortable interacting with teammates and others using lean six sigma principles.
• This position periodically requires hands-on work in manufacturing. May be exposed to dust, noise, high voltage, chemicals, laser & UV light, crush/cut mechanical forces, heat and cold.
• Personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn in designated areas.
• Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
If so, apply today via Quick Apply or Company Link
Vishay is an AAP and Equal Opportunity Employer