Prepared Foods Manager in Buffalo, NY
Lexington Cooperative Market Posted: 2020-10-09
Buffalo, NY 14222
Lexi's Kitchen · Buffalo, New York
The Prepared Foods Manager is a key member of the Operations Management Team and reports to the Store Operations Manager.
They build and lead a team that hand prepares all the delicious foods we offer from sandwiches, to full meals in our Grab N Go case, to our salad, soup and hot bars, bakery, and curates cheese, meat and seafood.
The ideal candidate will create effective systems that result in mouthwatering food, dynamic merchandising, excellent customer service, high food handling and sanitation standards and solid financials. They will have experience managing commercial kitchens in a retail environment, high quality standards, commitment to internal and external customer service and a passion for natural food.
You’ll know you’re doing a great job when customer service and product satisfaction is highly rated in our various customer feedback metrics.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Culinary Arts degree or comparable work experience
• Sufficient knowledge of commercial food production
• Understand and follow cleanliness and food handling standards as set by Health Department
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, stand, twist, squat, reach, kneel and bend throughout the workday
• 3 years of department management experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Weekend, holiday and night availability