Parts Manager in Amherst, NY
Northtown Automotive Companies Posted: 2021-02-02
Amherst, NY 14226
The Parts Manager is responsible for running a profitable and efficient parts department. They will accomplish objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying and advertising.
Prior Dealership and Management experience REQUIRED
• One year of parts supervisory experience.
• One year of experience in a dealership automotive parts department.
• CDK Experience required
• Excellent communication and managerial skills.
• Some sales experience.
• Ability to operate the department profitably within the dealership guidelines.
• Professional personal appearance.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them.
• Strive for harmony and teamwork with all other departments.
• Work with the Service Manager and Body Shop Manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
• Attend Managers’ meetings.
• Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations that may affect parts sales
• Direct and schedule the activities of all parts department employees.
• Hire, train, motivate and monitor the performance of all parts department staff.
• Provide technical assistance to parts department employees.
• Conduct meetings with parts department employees to discuss activities and problems of mutual interest and to develop strategies for a more efficient operation.
• Monitor parts department employees’ payroll records.
• Develop, enforce and monitor guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
• Promptly handle customer complaints according to dealership guidelines.
• Monitor and adjust inventory to minimize obsolescence
• Establish individual parts inventory levels and balance them for maximum turnover.
• Set and enforce a policy on the special ordering of parts.
• Supervise stock order procedures.
• Coordinate a prompt, efficient and timely flow of paperwork, paying particular attention to parts sales per repair order, Issuance of credit memos, and purchase order matching and verification.
• Direct shipping and receiving efforts to ensure timely processing.
• Monitor daily sales productivity reports.
• Monitor Lost Sale Tracking Report.
• Enforce safety requirements.
• Develop sales promotions.
• Take advantage of all manufactures’ inventory co-op advertising as appropriate.
• Analyze sales, gross expense, and inventory on a monthly basis to maintain profit goals.
• Ensure that all purchases are properly accounted for before payment is made
• Monitor the percentage markup on parts obtained locally.
• Ensure that all parts are properly tagged to ensure that the dealership is recovering full credit from the factory.
• Assist in the collection of past-due accounts.
• Communicate effectively with co-workers, management and customers.
• Maintain a safe work environment in the department and ensure that all department personnel are following safety programs and have completed required safety training
• Must adhere to all other requirements of employment as outlined in the company handbook.
• From time to time all employees are asked to perform reasonable administrative functions outside of this job description. In addition, all employees are expected to be cross-trained on other job descriptions within the department to facilitate vacations, medical leaves, etc.
$70,000 – $100,000
• Will spend six to eight hours per shift moving through the parts department.
• Will climb ladders to get parts from shelves.
• Will stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle and feel.
• Will work closely with the service department and body shop and therefore will be exposed to noise, dust, exhaust fumes, paint and other potentially hazardous and nonhazardous materials