Pantry Clerk / Van Driver in Buffalo, NY
Community Action Organization of WNY (CAO) Posted: Jul 20, 2020
Buffalo, NY 14214
Make a Change, Make a Difference
Community Action Organization of Western New York has been serving over 56,000 individuals and families since 1965. With a commitment to educational advancement, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, community health and economic advancement, we need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Sound like you? Make the difference in the lives of others. Enrich your own life in the process.
Performs activities necessary to maintain emergency food supplies and provides eligible customers with emergency foodstuffs, clothing, or other household items by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews inventory records to determine quantities of foodstuffs required to stock pantry and prepares Food Bank requisitions and replenishes stock. Directs the preparation of emergency food allocations based upon family size and dietary needs of customers; assists in the distribution of emergency food supplies.\
- Distributes emergency clothing and household goods, when they are available, to eligible customers.
- Keeps records pertaining to food distribution, inventory and requisitions; acts as agency liaison with Food Bank and other emergency food providers when needed.
- Driving agency vehicle to provide door to door delivery and pick-ups for the food pantry.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license and ability to drive agency cargo van