OB-GYN Physician in Buffalo, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2021-03-24
Buffalo, NY 14207
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking an OBGYN Physician (MD, DO). The Physician will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, managing women’s health care, including pregnancy, labor and delivery, postpartum care, newborn care, family planning and gynecological needs of women. For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve.
• Provides feedback on staff skills for performance reviews, updates on staff issues and consistently reports concerns to supervisor/manager.
• Work in collaboration with other health care providers and agencies to provide, and where appropriate, coordinate services to individuals and families. Primary health care consists of a broad range of personal health care services including:
o Promotion and maintenance of health
o Prevention of illness and disability
o Basic care during acute and chronic phases of illness
o Guidance and counseling of individuals and families
o Referral to other health care providers and community resources when appropriate
• Practices within a health care system that provides consultation, collaborative management of referral as indicated by the health status of the patient
• Manages women’s health care, including pregnancy, labor and delivery, postpartum care, newborn care, family planning and gynecological needs of women.
• Evaluates test findings, makes initial medical diagnosis and initiates appropriate action to facilitate the implementation of the therapeutic plan consistent with the continuing health care needs of the patient in accordance with accepted protocols.
• Assesses the physical and psychosocial status of patients by means of interview, health history, physical examinations and diagnostic tests.
• Practices in accordance with the standards defined by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Participates in on-call coverage for the department including day, evenings, holidays and weekends.
• Attends All Staff, Departmental, QA/QI and any project meetings
• Attends in-services and trainings or other required meetings to enhance professional growth and development through educational programs.
• Provides outreach and speaking to community groups.
• Assists in the development of procedures and polices related to accountabilities.
• Assists in developing and implementing metrics to measure effectiveness of this position.
• Adheres to universal precautions and infection control standards of practice within the clinical setting.
• Maintains competency in organizational emergency protocols and response.
• Adheres to HIPAA practice standards of patient confidentiality at all times including use of EHR.
• Adheres to clinical standards of dress appropriate for health care professionals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy, licensed in NYS prior to start date
• Board-eligible or Certified in field of specialty prior to start
• Outstanding “bedside manners”: patient-centric with empathy, excellent active listening and communication skills, engaging and efficient
• Superior clinical capabilities and judgment
• Focused on collaborative team-based care
• Responsive and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high accountability environment
• Proficient in EHR systems
• Excellent judgment and ability to prioritize resources where they will be most useful
• Comfortable receiving and providing appreciative and corrective feedback
• Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with a culturally diverse patient and staff population
• Proficient in working with in-person or telephonic interpreters
• Passionate about providing high quality primary health care to low-income, undeserved residents and those lacking access to health care
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Neighborhood Health Center. We offer employees a kind, diverse, team-based work environment with competitive compensation and potential bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b match, health savings accounts, generous paid time off and loan forgiveness, if applicable. www.nwbchcc.org
Interested? Call, Visit, Apply!
If you have the right combination of skills and experience, want to work for a mission driven organization and be part of our growth story, please contact us. Please submit your resume and cover letter with statement of interest and salary requirements via Indeed or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include OBGYN Physician in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Neighborhood Health Center conducts background checks and reference checks for final candidates.
Neighborhood Health Center is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the practice of equity and inclusion.