Niagara County Housing Resource Specialist in Niagara Falls , NY
Cazenovia Recovery Systems Posted: 2022-06-08
Niagara Falls , NY 14301
Cazenovia Recovery is a great place to work! We offer many benefits and extras to our staff members.
This position is responsible for providing housing search and tenant management services to Niagara County residents exiting to permanent housing.
• Works with program staff to create housing search plan for residents planning to exit to permanent housing
• Conducts trainings at programs regarding being a good tenant and living in independent housing
• Assists with housing search, including taking residents to visit available units and establishing relationship with landlords/property managers
• Assists residents with completing rental applications and benefits applications.
• Conducts visual HQS inspections of units before tenant signs rental agreement
• Processes documentation of resident security deposit and rental payment requests
• Supports residents in maintaining linkages necessary to successful community integration.
vOversees residents’ participation in various community services. Reviewing and assisting them with steps towards meaningful engagement to contribute to successful community integration.
• Demonstrates and encourages flexibility in response to changing needs of residents and agency.
• Creates Niagara County Housing Resource Guide for residents
• Participates in managing housing related crises and emergencies.
• Adheres to agency policies and procedures.
• Accurately completes case notes and other necessary documentation in a timely manner.
• Participates in weekly staff meetings and case conferences.
Carries out additional duties essential to the above-stated responsibilities as assigned.
• Is mindful of and integrates Trauma-Informed Care and its five principles in all duties and interactions with fellow staff, residents, and external partners.
• Maintains compliance with all required rules and regulations including Federal Confidentiality (42 CFR, Part 2), HIPAA, Medicaid and/or HUD, and any others.
• Master’s degree in Human Services or related field and a minimum of 6 months’ human service experience. Field placement as an intern may be applied to the required human service experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or a related field and a minimum of one year of human service experience. Field placement as an intern may be applied to required human service experience.
Associate’s degree in Human Services or a related field and two years’ human services experience in the appropriate field. Field placement as an intern may be applied to required human service experience.
• Must possess a valid New York State Driver’s license.