Materials Manager in West Seneca, NY
Center for Ambulatory Surgery Posted: 2022-11-23
West Seneca, NY 14224
Shares as a team member, under the leadership and in collaboration with the Controller and Site Director, the accountability for the management of planning, management, and coordinating activities of designated Materials Management area involved in the acquisition, receiving, storage, distribution of medical, surgical, and other supplies and equipment. Performs Vendor identification, selection, and management. Manages contract negotiations and enforcement of terms.
Reports To: Controller
Supervisory Responsibilities: Inventory Coordinator and Maintenance Mechanic
Skill And Educational Requirements (Minimum):
Bachelor's degree in business field, Certified Materials Resource Professional (CMRP), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP), preferred.
Position requires a minimum of five (5) years broad based experience in materials control systems, distribution systems, fiscal management, and contract management.
Position also requires a minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
Special Requirements (Technical/Physical):
* Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
* Knowledge of contracting process including national purchasing groups.
* Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policies, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
* Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
* Ability to write contract and assess contract compliance.
* Knowledge of contract law.
* Ability to analyze and solve problems.
* Ability to analyze purchase requests/orders for compliance, urgency, and organizational procedures.
* Ability to prepare bids, request quotes and proposals.
* Knowledge of computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
Please apply with resume via Quick Apply