Manual Machinist / Precision Grinder in Tonawanda, NY
Arrow Grinding Posted: 2022-05-02
Tonawanda, NY 14150
Who we are looking for:
Manual machinists are excellent at precision grinding. We are looking for people to for our centerless Grinding departments. Well maintained manual and CNC machines that you’ll be comfortable running.
• Responsible machinists who have the freedom to work on their own with minimal supervision.
• Be able to make suggestions and participate in process improvements.
• Proficient at using gages such as: calipers, micrometers, indicators, etc….
• People with a positive attitude, know what respect is, and can be trusted with responsibility.
Why this is a great job:
We are passionate about quality and doing things the right way. We do work for companies all over the US in the aerospace, medical, etc. industries. All our orders are non-production and typically less than 100 pcs. You would be a team member working at a Top Shop for machinists and precision grinders.
Arrow Grinding has employment opportunities that you’d be hard pressed to find at other places. Most of our machinists have been here for over a decade – some over 30 years. They would describe themselves and the people they work with as professionals who perform top quality work and take pride in what they do. It’s an old school work ethic, commitment to doing it the right way, learn new skills, and solve problems to keep the customer happy.
What you would be doing:
• Setting-up the machine & gauging. Then running the entire job. Short run jobs on interesting parts.
• Precision Grinding a variety of materials and holding tolerances as close as .0002”.
• Working independently from blueprints & job instructions.
What’s in it for you:
• Great team of crafts people, camaraderie, & plenty of support
• Flexible schedule
• 1st shift
• Wages that are well above average
• 100% paid health with company HSA contribution
• 401k with generous company match.
• Vacation and holidays paid
• Opportunity to become an expert in your field
• Contribute to making parts for products such as planes, silicon wafer machines, MRI machines
To apply, please see direct apply.