Maintenance Specialist/Mechanic in Sanborn, NY
Avantor/VWR Posted: 2022-05-11
Sanborn, NY 14132
Our more than 13,500 associates globally are passionate about setting science in motion to create a better world. By choosing a career with Avantor, a Fortune 500 company, you will make breakthroughs, make a difference—and make your mark.
You will work closely with dedicated people who share your enthusiasm for innovation, excellence and achievement. Whether you want to help customers advance science or solve complex problems, Avantor is where you belong.
Hourly rate from $31.39/hour.
Job Description Summary
Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements. Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains both facility and production equipment. Provides training and guidance to set-up of machinery to Manufacturing Techs.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic equipment, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains electrical and electronic circuitry; hydraulic systems, plumbing, valving, filters, tanks, pumps, etc.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains accurate history logs for all machines for use in identifying and diagnosing problems
- Repairs, maintains and builds facility equipment.
- Provides training and guidance to set-up of machinery to manufacturing technician.
- Strives to improve machine performance, and to minimize downtime through prior planning and quick thorough machine repairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
*High School diploma, Associate’s degree or 40 hours of higher continuing education in related area considered a plus.
*Minimum of 5 years of maintenance work experience in a manufacturing setting.
*Experience working as an electrician.
*Thorough understanding of maintenance, reliability, Mechanical Integrity and Quality Assurance, and Process Safety Management best practices, preferred.
*Experience working in an ISO Certified, FDA Regulated, or cGMP environment preferred.
*Must have industry experience with machine set-up fundamentals and solid troubleshooting skills on pack/fill equipment.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
~Good written and oral communication skills.
~Equipment/facility maintenance, technical understanding, basic safety, and power tools knowledge.
~Electrical systems and blueprints maintenance and repair knowledge.
~Strong attention to detail.
~Flexible and self-motivated.
~Knowledge of process piping, auto valves, exhaust/dust collection systems, and screw/belt conveyors.
~Must be able to work on gearboxes, agitators, and pumps.
~Ability to repair electrical/mechanical machinery throughout the plant; necessary skills include: electrical, pneumatics, PLC logic, welding.
• Full benefits starting on Day One
– Medical, Dental and Vision benefits effective the first day of employment
– Paid Time Off
– 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 4%
– Paid Holidays
– Shift Premium for 2nd, 3rd, and weekend shift hourly employees only
– Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• $3000 Sign on bonus for WEEKEND shifts
• $1500 Sign on bonus for 2nd and 3rd shifts
Please send resume via Quick Apply or apply online using the direct link below: