Lead Cook in Buffalo, NY
UB Campus Dining & Shops Posted: 2022-09-16
Buffalo, NY 14261
Providing quality meals to students, faculty, staff and visitors in a timely manner with an emphasis on customer service. Oversee and ensure production and prep sheets in high volume operations are being completed and will assist with executing and delegating tasks. Must be able to follow standardized recipes and cook in large quantities/batches. This position requires teamwork, communication skills, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Minimum 3 years professional cooking experience needed, showcasing multiple cooking techniques including but not limited to; sautéing, roasting, frying, broiling, braising, steaming, stewing, cold food production, and food presentation.
- Ability to slice/portion meats and cheese, set up/break down and sanitize slicer daily, IF APPLICABLE
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in professional knife-handling skills.
- Experience in following standardized recipes.
- Experience at organizing and maintaining kitchen work stations.
- Experience in safe food handling, preventing food-borne illness, and sanitation techniques.
At Campus Dining and Shops, we offer benefits that cover your health, well-being, and future.
- Competitive Pay
- Set schedules to support a work like balance
- Comprehensive training program
- Paid time off
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Health Benefits including: Quality affordable health care, HRA for eligible medical expenses, and Vision Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403 (b) retirement program with company match
- Daily Meal Allowance
Please apply online using the link below:
Or Join Us for Open Interviews Open interviews this Thursday 9/22 and next Thursday 9/29 from 9am-1pm.
Fargo Quadrangle, UB Amherst Campus
Directions can be found to the North Campus offices at: MyUBCard.com/directions