Junior Level Civil Engineer in Buffalo, NY
Watts Architecture & Engineering Posted: 2023-11-08
Buffalo, NY 14203
Salary Range: $60,000 - $85,000 depending on experienceWatts is an architecture and engineering (A/E) firm excelling in architecture, civil, environmental, transportation, structural engineering, and construction monitoring services with offices in Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester and NYC.
We have an immediate opening for a Junior Level Civil Engineer with technical abilities and experience in the design of public works projects in our Buffalo, New York office.
• Design work on complex, multi-discipline projects and studies as a Project Engineer
• Assisting in design work and delivering contract plans, specifications and bid estimates on-time and within budget
• Participating in and conducting meetings
• Ensuring proper codes and standards are being used on projects and that all work is properly reviewed, checked and meets quality assurance/quality control requirements
• Performing site inspections
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from a college or university with an ABET-accredited curriculum
• Registered Professional Engineer in New York or New Jersey (a plus but not required)
• Minimum 0-6 years of experience in the design of civil-infrastructure projects involving highways & bridges, storm water and sanitary sewer collection systems; water distribution systems.
• Working knowledge of design codes and standards such as AASHTO, AISC, PCA and NYSDOT
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office software
• Between $60,000 - $85,000 depending on experience
Send resume and Cover letter in confidence to: Watts Architecture & Engineering, 95 Perry Street, Suite 300, Buffalo, NY 14203
Use Quick Apply with resume below