Job Coach / Developer in Amherst, NY
Autism Services, Inc. Posted: 2021-01-19
Amherst, NY 14228
Come experience the talents our artists, musicians and performers have to offer while building your career! At Autism Services, Inc. our unique philosophy and dedicated staff empower people with autism to be themselves at home, school, and in the community.
* Phone interviews and online training available.
Location: Buffalo, NY
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 AM - 4:30 PM
Status: Full -Time
The Job Coach/ Developer is to act as a liaison between the agency and the work experience site for the people we support. To locate, secure and coordinate the successful placement of the people we support; teach, monitor and provide support during their work experiences.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and match the strengths and interests of the people we support to an
appropriate employment situation (individual placement, internship, work experience, etc.).
- Develop employment goals and plans for the people we support.
- Guide the people we support to meet goals with training and support.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience in providing employment services to people who have disabling conditions.
- Varied and successful work history in competitive employment settings.
- Knowledge of the local job market, employer expectations for performance and employee behaviors.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License.
- Reliable transportation.
Please apply online below: