HR Benefits Specialist in Buffalo, NY
Community Action Organization of WNY (CAO) Posted: 2021-12-27
Buffalo, NY 14214
Community Action Organization of Western New York has been serving over 56,000 individuals and families since 1965. With a commitment to educational advancement, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, community health and economic advancement, we need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Sound like you? Make the difference in the lives of others. Enrich your own life in the process.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Benefit Specialist has primary and overall responsibility for process and administration of CAO Employee Benefits function. Responsibilities include administration of hand welfare benefits, 403B plan, leaves of absence management. A broad knowledge of retirement, insurance plans, leaves and the ability to explain these plans/policies to employees. Processes Worker’s Compensation claims as well as first aid claims. Oversees CAO Wellness Committee and activities.
- Administers and manages all employee benefits including but not limited to, group health dental, prescription, life insurance, retirement plans and all supplemental insurances offered by the agency.
- Coordinates human resources procedures to ensure that proper enrollment activities are completed for current and new staff. Leads and participates in annual open enrollment process as directed by HR Manager/VP Human Resources.
- Provides internal customer service to employees regarding benefits issues and questions.
- Providing benefits orientation for all new hires.
- Handles COBRA notification and enrollment process for all terminated employees.
- Prepares monthly management reports as assigned, and ensures all documentation is filed and maintained.
- Prepares and submits HR department requisitions to the Business Office for payment
- Supports payroll processing as required.
- See a complete list of duties via the link below.
5-years previous experience in a benefits administration role; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Salary Range: $17.0000 To 18.0000 Hourly