Heavy Equipment Mechanic in Buffalo , NY
Russo Development Inc. Posted: 2022-09-16
Buffalo , NY 14225
Russo Development Inc. is a site development company in Hamburg, NY that has been around since 1999. We specialize in earthwork, underground utility installation and repair, municipal utility installation and maintenance contracts, and various specialty construction projects. RDI utilizes a modern and well-maintained fleet of trucks and heavy equipment. Our team is made up of very experienced professionals who are the best equipped in the business.
Primary Function: To oversee all Russo Development Fleet Repair and Maintenance Operations. Responsible for conducting daily assessment of equipment needs and prioritizing. Responsible for maintaining sanitation standards in compliance with regulatory agencies.
• Test Mechanical products and equipment after repair to ensure proper performance and compliance with Manufacturer Specifications
• Repair and/or replace worn and broken parts to ensure safe and efficient operation
• Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects
• Diagnose Faults or Malfunctions to determine required repairs
• Clean, lubricate, and perform routine preventative maintenance on all company assets
• Examine equipment for excessive wear and report abuse to management
• Maintain a Preventative Maintenance Schedule for all equipment
• Maintain Equipment Service Records
• Source new technology that adds value added
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment with the use of the entire Maintenance Staff
• Take steps necessary to maintain a safe work environment
• Notify Management of any issues with equipment, facility, tools, or implements etc. where there a safety issue is present
• Able to work as part of a team with a positive attitude
Preferred Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in the field or related area
• Required to have tolls required to perform job duties
• Class A CDL and Driving Record acceptable for Insurance Review Acceptance
• Specializations and certifications will affect compensation package
• Experience in managing a staff and systems a plus
• Follow departmental and company safety policies and programs
• Must wear required safety clothing including steel toe footwear and eye protection
• Ability to stand for an 8-hour shift
• Ability to bend, stoop, and lift to 20 pounds
RDI offers a robust pay scale, health, life, dental, vision, paid vacation days, 401K retirement Savings plan and a great Christmas party!
Busy winter ahead! Year 'round work!
Please send resume to direct apply
or apply in person at:
Russo Development Inc.,
3710 Milestrip Road, Blasdell, NY 14219
or call 716-844-8745.