Groundskeeper I in Buffalo, NY
Buffalo Zoo Posted: 2021-04-23
Buffalo, NY 14214
Primary duties landscaping, horticulture, snow removal, custodial/janitorial
• Minimum Education - High School Diploma.
• Minimum Experience - basic grounds maintenance: lawn mowing, weed trimming, janitorial tasks, snow removal. Horticultural knowledge a plus.
• Use of mowers, edgers, trimmers, chainsaws and other equipment. Drive vehicles, snow plow trucks, skid loaders, and tractors.
• Able/willing to perform sustained work of a physical nature, may require heavy lifting.
• Fitness for duty test required for successful candidate to be given further consideration.
Benefits / How to Apply
Some benefits available: health plan, life insurance, dental, vision, 403B pension plan, annual leave time, holiday time, and sick time. Benefits available after successful completion of probationary period of 60 days of work.
Full-time CSEA Non-Exempt Union hourly position. Starting $16.18 per hour which is 85% of full rate ($19.04) during probation.
Seasonal part-time non-exempt hourly position. Rate $12.50 per hour
Please submit resume outlining education/experience by 5/10/2021 to (no phone calls):
Mail with resume :
Buffalo Zoo, 300 Parkside Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14214, Attn: Seasonal Education Assistant
Apply below with resume