Family Support Worker in Niagara Falls, NY
Pinnacle Community Services Posted: 2023-05-22
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
• Valid New York State Driver’s License
• Use of a personal vehicle
• Live near or in target area
• Ability to relate to people with respect to their individuality and cultural diversity using a strength-based model
• Believes in and advocates for nurturing, non-violent discipline of children
• Task oriented
• Good writing and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates knowledge of the program, mission, and services of Pinnacle Community Services, (PCS).
• Complies with all policies and procedures of PCS (including NASW Code of Ethics, Collective Bargaining Agreement, and Corporate Compliance Policies) and all governmental and legal requirements.
• Attends and participates in appropriate agency staff trainings and meetings.
• Advocates for cultural diversity/sensitivity as appropriate.
• Reports all suspected incidences of child abuse/neglect to NYS Hotline with supervisory approval.
• Participates actively in ongoing professional development.
• Initiates and maintains regular (weekly) and long term (up to 5 years) contact/support with families.
• Visits with families primarily in their home for a minimum of one (1) hour.
• Directs family centered interventions which are strength based and directed at establishing a trusting relationship.
• Assists families in strengthening the parent-child relationship.
• Assists families in improving their skills to optimize the home environment.
• Assists families in improving the family support system.
• Increases the family’s ability to problem solve and assume the role of advocate for themselves and their children.
• Identifies and refers for contact/appointments at other supportive agencies, including health care appointments.
• Assists family in establishing goals and a plan for accomplishment of the goals.
• Assesses normal growth and development of the target child.
• Completes referral forms and other agency forms and reports as necessary.
• Assists other staff with providing Community or Group presentations and outreach.
• Attends case conferences with Program Supervisors and Family Assessment Workers.
• Assists with Program Participant Support Groups, Parenting Classes, obtaining donations and any other projects assigned by your Supervisor.
• Attends and participates in CORE, wrap-around and team trainings.
• Presents Healthy Families Niagara and PCS Agency services to the community at large.
• Meets on a regular, planned basis for a minimum of two (2) hours per week with Supervisor at a regularly scheduled time.
• Maintains confidentiality of Agency.
• Performs other duties assigned by Administration
Cover Letter and Resume can be sent via Quick Apply below
The information contained in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of this position.
It is the policy of Pinnacle Community Services, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in employment and delivery of those we serve without regard to hire, promotion, layoff, recall or other terms and conditions of employment because of race, creed, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity, citizenship of any person, immigration status of any person who is not a citizen of the United States, or any other category protected by law. The prohibition of discrimination includes harassment. The people we serve include all those we serve and people service groups who request and are eligible for Pinnacle Community Services, Inc. Ongoing training is provided to assure adherence to this Policy. Pinnacle Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer