Family & Community Parnership Coordinator in Buffalo, NY
Community Action Organization of WNY (CAO) Posted: 2021-04-09
Buffalo, NY 14212
Make a Change, Make a Difference
Community Action Organization of Western New York has been serving over 56,000 individuals and families since 1965. With a commitment to educational advancement, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, community health and economic advancement, we need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Sound like you? Make the difference in the lives of others. Enrich your own life in the process.
SUMMARY: Assist with the coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Family and Community Partnership content area as defined by the Head Start Performance Standards. Assist with service delivery for Social Services, Parent Engagement, Education, Nutrition, Disabilities Services and Health and Mental Health services to families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs other duties as assigned; work with the Family/Community Service Area Manager to help coordinate, provide training and provide ongoing monitoring, training/technical assistance to the content area and the activities of the Family and Community Partnership content area. Carry out assignments, duties, requests, processes and goals of the Family/Community content area as assigned by immediate supervisor and the Early Childhood Administrator.
Examples of work include but are not limited to:
* Assist with writing plans for content area as required
* Serves as staff liaison to all parent committees as required
* Attends meetings of parent committee meetings as required
* Assists in updating community resources
* Attends community agency meetings and reports to the Family & Community Service Area Manager
* Provides information and training to parent committees
* Assist with Male Engagement and coordinate male engagement activities
* Assists content area supervisors with planning for workshops and training
* Provides/conducts training as required by supervisor
* Attends in service training sessions
* Assist with organizing parent committee groups
* Submits written monthly content area reports Administrator and Supervisor
* Maintains a close relationship with multi-disciplinary content area staff
* Checks, compiles and records of Family Partners
* Assists with completing the Program Information Report (PIR)
* Member of the Child/Family Study Team
* Attend all CMTM meetings
* Models positive work ethic for parents and staff.
Salary Range: $16.97 (USD) Hourly Onwards
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree in Human Development, Sociology, or Community Organization, plus one (1) year experience in social service community work;