Facilities Maintenance Technician in Clarence Center, NY
Reliable Propane Corp Posted: 2023-04-24
Clarence Center, NY 14032
Reliable Propane Company is a family owned company and a well-established industry leading service provider who has been in business since 1945.
We provide bulk commercial and residential propane delivery options, as well as on-site propane tank refills. and commercial service to families in the Western NY residents in Erie, Niagara, Genesee, Monroe, Orleans and Wyoming counties all throughout the year.
Our employees all work out of our location in Clarence Center.
We pride ourselves in our friendly, knowledgeable, customer focused service.
We seek employees who are motivated to partner with us to serve our customers, and work with us to provide them a safe and warm home.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to maintaining a safe and esthetic appearance of the office location as well as servicing diesel trucks and equipment.
Much of the training for a Building Maintenance Technician is done on the job, but must have good mechanical and technical experience and general knowledge of working with tools and machinery.
In this position each day will depend on a variety of situations and circumstances, if the weather is nice you may be working in the yard, if a truck breaks down, you'll jump in to diagnose what the issue is and then to fix it or schedule service for the safest and most efficient way possible.
Any other day may include painting, organizing, ordering, scheduling and performing preventative maintenance in and around the shop.
Also filling in and supporting our service and bulk delivery teams on bigger jobs in the field as business dictates.
This position is a full-time, year round, day shift position.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
· Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
· Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
· Spatial Abilities- Able to mentally rotate objects, able to read/interpret/understand documents such as schematics and diagrams
· Troubleshooting and Repairing — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it and repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
· Clean driver’s license- No accidents or points on license
BACKGROUND and WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Ideal- Three to five years appliance repair and troubleshooting experience
· Previous experience and/or certificate program in carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical and auto mechanics, a plus
· Minimum 2 years experience in position with customer service, ideally with residential customers
· Valid driver license and acceptable motor vehicle record (will drive a company vehicle)
Please apply with resume via Quick Apply below