Events Specialist in Niagara Falls, NY
Niagara Hospice Inc. Posted: 2020-09-30
Niagara Falls, NY 14304
Niagara Hospice provides expert, specialized care and personalized support to Niagara County residents, families and caregivers facing any type of terminal illness with a prognosis of six months or less. The Events Specialist is responsible for initiating and coordinating fund-raising and non-fundraising events hosted by Niagara Hospice as well as participates in other community activities/events to promote the mission and goals of Niagara Hospice.
• Coordinate fundraising/non-fundraising activities, including event planning, soliciting donations, sponsorships, and secure prizes for raffles, auctions, etc.
• Design posters, fliers, direct mail pieces, displays and other print collateral related to the event for marketing & PR dept. approval prior to publication. Organize mailing (print and digital) campaigns to encourage optimum participation/attendance at events.
• Coordinate promotion activities and social media for events as needed; compose media releases for events and distribute to appropriate media outlets.
• Determine labor needs and request sufficient volunteers to assist in ensuring successful events.
• Make projections regarding event costs and develop budgets; present same to Director, or designee, for prior approval; close out all events and audit/report as required or requested.
• Negotiate with outside vendors (i.e. location, rental fees and other charges related to events)
• Coordinate all tasks related to ensuring a successful event i.e. registrations, purchase of food and beverages, decorations, nametags, etc.
• Ensure appropriate agency signage and education materials are available at all events (brochures, flyers, logo table covers, display boards, banners, etc.)
• Provide volunteer tasks to Volunteer Services Coordinator for each event where volunteers are requested as well as detailed instructions to assigned volunteers; with Volunteer Coordinator, provide coordination and supervision of assigned event volunteers
• Degree in Hospitality Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business or related field preferred.
• Experience with computer systems, databases and other technology; proficient in MS Office
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work some nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to complete multiple projects with little supervision, and work well with others
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Valid Driver’s License; travel required
Niagara Hospice Offers outstanding benefits, including;
• A great place to work!
• 19 days of paid time off in your first year
• Holidays off
• Health Insurance starting on your first day
• Inexpensive insurance options for medical, dental & vision
• And Much More!!
If you love being part of a fun, creative & enthusiastic team, we invite you to apply.
Learn more about us by visiting us at www.NiagaraHospice.org
Please apply online below