Education Program Coordinator in Amherst, NY
Autism Services, Inc. Posted: 2022-11-02
Amherst, NY 14228
Creating meaningful opportunities that enrich the lives of autistic people, their families and their communities
Assists the Education Director in ensuring provision of Educational Services which meet the regulations of the State Education Department for students enrolled at Autism Services, Inc.
- Oversee teachers’ development, implementation, and progress monitoring of Individualized Education Programs (IEP’s).
- Provide oversight, supervision, support, guidance, and professional development to teachers and classroom staff.
- Monitor teaching staff for sufficient classroom management and application of classroom behavioral supports and interventions.
- Ensure appropriate and sufficient implementation of agency-endorsed educational curriculum and instructional methodology across classrooms. Respond to substandard implementation of educational curriculum and instruction with plans of correction.
- Conduct regular classroom observations to maintain a visible and active leadership role throughout the building, as well as to provide teachers and classroom staff with valuable feedback so they may hone their professional skills.
- Ensure compliance with school, agency and State Education Department (SED) policy on incident reporting and protection from mistreatment and abuse.
- Protect educational records and other information in compliance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Coordinate completion of Universal Consent forms so necessary information can be shared with internal (i.e., agency) and external parties.
- Facilitate parent/ teacher interaction regarding students’ educational services. Help parents who have questions regarding Individualized Education Programs (IEP’s) and other aspects of education programming.
- Facilitate meetings between staff, parents, and treatment team members to develop recommendations, support students, and resolve concerns.
- NYS Certification as a School Building Leader or School District Leader, OR currently working towards a certification as School Building Leader or School District Leader.
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Three or more years teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position when performing the following: standing, walking, sitting, grasping, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing.
- Ability to move, reposition, lift and transfer individuals as required by prescribed program/plan.
• Full Benefit Package
• Generous PTO
• 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
• Paid Virtual and In-Person Training
• Newly hired Residential Site Managers in good standing upon completing 6 months of employment will receive a $500 sign-on bonus.
Text INTERVIEW to (716) 364-3295 and schedule your interview today!
Quick Apply below or Apply Online Today