Director of Nursing in Buffalo, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2023-01-18
Buffalo, NY 14207
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking a Director of Nursing (DON). The DON will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, participating in recruitment, scheduling, training, development, coaching, performance appraisals, and progressive discipline. For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve.
RN Tuition Reimbursement Potential: NHC’s FQHC status provides a unique opportunity for tuition reimbursement for registered nurses, up to 60% repayment of qualified student loans directly related to a nursing degree. This tuition reimbursement program requires application and is not guaranteed. RNs who are granted reimbursement are required to fulfill a two year, full time commitment to maintain eligibility. Additionally, there is potential for an additional 25% repayment for a third year commitment.
- Collaborates and successfully carries out with the other nursing supervisors recruitment, scheduling, training, development, coaching, performance appraisals, and when necessary, progressive discipline of nursing staff to allow for a cohesive nursing team
- Responsible to maintain a cooperative relationship among health care team by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, and participating in team problem solving methods
- Provides direct oversight to the RN Triage Nurse, RN IM desk nurses and LPN Supervisors
- Graduated from an accredited two year nursing school
- Five years’ nursing experience, minimum
- Must possess a current NYS Professional Registered Nurse license
- Must have current CPR certification
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Superb organizational skills
• No weekends
• No overnights
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Comprehensive Benefits Package
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals.
Apply via Quick Apply or following the link below.
2022 Buffalo Business First
Best Places to Work Finalist