Dental Supervisor in Blasdell, Buffalo, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2021-11-23
Blasdell, Buffalo, NY 14219
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking a Dental Supervisor. The Dental Supervisor will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, managing day to day operations of two of NHC's dental clinics, supervising dental assistant staff, scheduling and more.
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals.
- Assists Dental Manager in day-to-day operations of the Dental Department.
- Oversees the daily schedule and operations of 2 clinics, supporting patient care for the providers.
- Responsible for staff scheduling, time record maintenance and approval, and review of time off requests.
- Provides education to clinical staff on workflows, policy and procedure changes and new equipment.
- Responsible for training of staff on Electronic Dental Record, Electronic Health Record, and Practice Management systems.
- Coordinate the needs of doctors and serve as liaison between doctors and support staff to mediate and problem solve as necessary.
- Sends predeterminations to insurance companies and follows up on a timely basis
- Trained in front desk registration of patients to support department.
- Manages internal dental assistant training program and trains new dental assistants.
- Assist Dental Manager is resolving patient concerns, complaints and issues to promote patient excellence and staff engagement.
- 5 years dental assisting and preferably be licensed.
- A minimum of two years supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with a general dental practice setting.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. A second language of Spanish preferred.
Benefits: There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Neighborhood Health Center. In addition to working to effect positive change in the health and lives of thousands of residents of Western New York, Neighborhood Health Center offers its full-time employees a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b, flexible spending accounts, and generous paid time off. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on patient care. This position will offer a signing bonus, a quarter of which to be paid out at hire, and the remaining 75% after success completion of 120 days of employment.
At Neighborhood Health Center, we enjoy working in a team-based, patient-centered environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that values our patients and the communities we serve.
To apply, please visit our Careers page or Quick Apply with resume below: