Credentialing Coordinator in Buffalo, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2021-11-04
Buffalo, NY 14207
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking a Credentialing Coordinators for both Buffalo locations (Northwest & Mattina). The Credentialing Coordinator will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, completing internal credentialing of initial and re-credentialing forms, regular correspondence with providers and clinical team members, completion of CAQH, online data source for providers, etc. There are many fantastic benefits to a career at NHC. We offer employees a kind, diverse, team-based work environment with competitive compensation and potential bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b match, health savings accounts, generous paid time off and loan forgiveness, if applicable.
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals.
For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve. There are many fantastic benefits to a career at NHC. We offer employees a kind, diverse, team-based work environment with competitive compensation and potential bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b match, health savings accounts, generous paid time off and loan forgiveness, if applicable.
· Performs internal credentialing process of initial and re-credentialing forms, obtains copies of NYS registration, DEA certificate, board certification, specialty diploma, specialty license, past malpractice certificates, listing of CME/DE credit hours, infection control certificate, initial physical examination and annual medical assessments with PPD results.
· Inquires National Practitioner Data Bank, NYS Professional Licensing and ECFMG-if foreign student.
· Performs provider enrollment in Medicaid, Medicare and other third-party payers with timely submission of completed applications/reapplications as requested by insurance payers.
· At initial credentialing, obtains verification from specialty college, residency references (work & personal).
· Assists providers in obtaining NHC-affiliated hospital privileges with application completion, required documents and biannual reappointment applications.
· High School diploma or equivalent with health related or medical secretarial experience training in clerical skills
· Minimum of one year experience in Medical Billing, Insurance verification, FQHC knowledge
· Allscripts PM knowledge preferred but not required
· Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. A second language of Spanish preferred
To apply, please visit our Careers page or Quick Apply with resume below: