Comptroller in Jamestown, NY
City of Jamestown, New York Posted: 2023-05-08
Jamestown, NY 14701
The City of Jamestown is a thriving city located just south of Buffalo in the southwestern tier of New York State. Home to over 30,000 diverse residents, the City of Jamestown takes pride in its historic preservation successes, thriving arts community, safe and welcoming neighborhoods, and entrepreneurial spirit that attracts and supports independently-owned businesses.
The City of Jamestown is seeking a Comptroller to act as the Chief Fiscal Affairs Officers whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Supervising, in conjunction with the City Clerk/Treasurer, the fiscal affairs of the City;
2. Develop, maintain and enforce a uniform system of accounts, including forms, standards and procedures for all boards, commissions, departments, officers and agencies of the City in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
3. Maintain a payroll system, including all tax and retirement records.
4. Monitor and report the status of revenues and appropriations on a monthly basis to the Mayor, City Council, appointed officers and department heads;
5. Monitor expenditures and report budget variances in a timely manner to the Mayor and City Council;
6. Oversee City audits insuring that, prior to payment, all bills, claims and demands against the City, including payrolls, shall contain a certification from each board, commission, department, office and agency that the materials, supplies, equipment or services have been received and accepted as specified, and for such purpose he/she shall have the authority to require the attendance of and examine under oath such persons as he/she may deem necessary;
7. Prepare annual financial statements;
8. Provide all books and vouchers required by the certified public accountant employed by the City to perform, in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards, the annual audit;
9. Manage tax accounts; and,
10. Other duties as may be required by the Mayor and City Council.
Minimum requirements include graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
The City of Jamestown is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Parental leave
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location