Certified Medication Administrator in Amherst, NY
Autism Services, Inc. Posted: 2022-09-14
Amherst, NY 14228
Creating meaningful opportunities that enrich the lives of people with autism, their families and their communities.
Responsible for administering medication(s) to residents with oversight from Director of Nursing to ensure regulatory compliance. This may include passing medication(s) at various sites across the agency as directed by the Director of Nursing and completing treatments as assigned by the Medication Administration Record.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pass medication(s) at assigned site(s) per OPWDD regulatory guidelines.
- Complete assigned treatments per medication orders.
- Complete documentation as required including but not limited to Quick Mar, Body checks, T-logs and Hab Goals.
- Complete agency mandated trainings in timely manner.
- Attend staff meetings as required by Director of Nursing.
- Maintain all agency mandated training certifications such as SCIP-R, UKERU, CPR and Medication Administration.
- Responsible for being on time to every scheduled work shift and recording hours worked accurately via Paylocity or timeclock punches.
- Physical agility and ability to react to emergency situations, including Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP-R) certification as per regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring that confidentiality is strictly maintained as required by law and Agency policy.
- Responsible for securing and protecting personal and agency related data by adhering to the Agency’s computer security policies.
- Follow all agency policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma, GED or willingness to enroll in a high school equivalency program and obtain a high school equivalent diploma within 6 months of employment.
- Valid New York State driver's license.
- Reliable vehicle.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position when performing the following: standing, walking, sitting, grasping, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing.
- Ability to move, reposition, and lift and transfer individuals as required by prescribed program/plan.
Text “INTERVIEW” to: (716) 364-3295
Or Apply below today!