Case Worker in Buffalo, NY
Community Action Organization of WNY (CAO) Posted: Jul 20, 2020
Buffalo, NY 14214
Make a Change, Make a Difference
Community Action Organization of Western New York has been serving over 56,000 individuals and families since 1965. With a commitment to educational advancement, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, community health and economic advancement, we need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Sound like you? Make the difference in the lives of others. Enrich your own life in the process.
Provides assistance and support to individuals and families requiring emergency assistance. Qualifies and determines a clients’ eligibility for services and refers client to other sources of services as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Performs department in-take process
- Interviews clients to determine level and breadth of assistance required
- Conducts intake and formal assessment to determine client’s eligibility for programs and services.
- Makes referrals to other CAO services where appropriate
- Works with client to establish goals and develop plans once assessment is complete
- Serves as primary contact for clients and partnering agencies
- Candidate will have a minimum, an Associate’s Degree in Social Work or related field (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- 1-2 years of prior experience working with low income population.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills.