Care Coordinator in Williamsville, NY
Gateway-Longview Posted: 2021-03-21
Williamsville, NY 14221
Gateway Longview’s Behavioral Health Services supports children and youth ages 3-21 struggling with behavioral, social, and emotional challenges.
By way of a licensed clinic, and through school-based satellite sites in 18+ districts, we specialize in meeting the mental health needs of children, youth and adolescents. Built on the Wraparound model of care, Care Coordination Services and a comprehensive team of Community Support Providers, are available to families 24/7.
The primary goal of our Behavioral Health Services is to support youth, in collaboration with their systems of care, toward recovery and stability. Through effective assessments, evidence-based interventions, and continual evaluations, family-driven objectives are achieved. Ongoing community education also works to reduce stigma associated with behavioral and mental health needs.
Our Agency’s overall approach to care is Solution Focused and Trauma Informed.
Maintain a case load of 12 families, providing direct face to face contact with youth and families in accordance with the Family Voices Network and Erie County Preventive Services.
-Coordinate services for families enrolled in the Erie County Wraparound Program which includes oversee the aspects of Care Coordination for families enrolled in Wraparound Services
-Facilitate all Child and Family Team Meetings (CFT) including organizing the meetings logistics and ensuring all relevant participants are included. Ensure the CFT’s integrate all involved systems including the family’s formal and informal support community to develop a comprehensive Plan of Care
-Ensure all contracted services such as mentoring, tutoring, parenting, counseling, or other assigned services are delivered timely and effectively to families.
-Input and update all necessary documentation in Fidelity EHR and/or CONNECTIONS including Assessments, Plans of Care, Safety and Crisis Plans and Progress Notes
-Provide ongoing support to families in the wraparound system including regular telephone and weekly face to face contact, and availability by cell phone.
-Communicate with all necessary providers and supports related to the planning and care for youth/families; in addition regular contact is maintained with Erie County DSS Casework in updated and coordinating care.
- Develop, teach, model and evaluate effective techniques and interventions with parents/caretakers (i.e. parenting skills, behavioral management, and discipline) and children/youth (attendance, academics, anger management, behavioral modification and Solution Focus Trauma Informed Care).
- Ensure all court mandated and/or recommended services are offered, utilized, and maintained vis-a-vis referral/linkage or provided directly to minimize risk, while enhancing the family’s cohesiveness and overall well-being. Referrals to community resources should be culturally competent and all attempts should be made to offer services and linkage to the client’s community / neighborhood.
- Requires frequent transportation of children and families.
- Attend all required trainings and meetings through the Wrap Around Services for Erie County. Actively participate in required/offered training opportunities as required by the agnecy. Provide mentoring opportunities for student interns and volunteers within the agency as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in a human services related field plus 2 or 4 years experience, respectively. Experience must be in human services related field.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and adequate auto insurance.
- Ability to work effectively with clients, families, staff and community contacts from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
For More Information contact Tim Chavers at 716-535-1744 ext 458