Box Truck Driver in Buffalo, NY
IRISH Companies Posted: 2023-05-18
Buffalo, NY 14206
Job Title: Box Truck Driver
Division: Clinton Street
Reports To: Clinton Street Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Drives box truck and delivers cylinders and various products to customer locations. Loads and unloads truck as needed and performs the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Organizes delivery tickets according to the route.
2. Uploads daily delivery tickets to handheld unit.
3. Performs daily pre-tip inspection of truck per Department of Transportation regulations and fills out hazardous materials paperwork.
4. Adds fuel to truck as needed.
5. Delivers product to various customers and ensures that customers sign each delivery ticket.
6. Collects money on cash on delivery accounts.
7. Picks up all empty cylinders and any authorized return merchandise.
8. Fills out trip sheet properly at the end of each stop with times, product delivered, and returned.
9. Unloads truck at plant at end of day.
10. Performs daily post inspection of truck per Department of Transportation regulations.
11. Parks and secures truck.
12. Uploads handheld unit to computer system.
13. Returns merchandise and forms to designated area to be checked.
14. Takes all paperwork to Billing Department for verification.*
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Commercial driver’s license, Class B, or higher driver’s license
• Hazmat endorsement
• Forklift certification in house Equipment:
• Box truck
• Forklift Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
• Ability to operate handheld unit
Communication skills Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
To apply, please email direct apply.