Bistro Cook in Lancaster, NY
Symposium Wine Bar Posted: 2022-08-01
Lancaster, NY 14086
Bistro Cook for Symposium Wine Bar
Village of Lancaster, NY
The highly anticipated Symposium Wine Bar has made its debut in the Village of Lancaster this summer. We focus on small-plate offerings, paired with carefully selected beverages. We’re hiring a small team who will set the tone for an extraordinary experience for our guests. If you’re looking for a place where you can grow your career in food and hospitality, express your creativity and have fun doing it, we’d love to meet you.
All applicants must work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while providing an elevated dining experience and delivering exceptional customer service. The ideal candidate has a passion for producing quality meals, for how food and wine complement each other and a strong commitment to food safety standards.
• Open to applicants 18 years and older
• Part time/full time$18.00 - $21.00 per hour
• 4-8 hour shifts
• Day shift/night shift
• Holidays off
• Variable work schedule (closed Monday/Tuesday)
• Weekend availability
• Correctly prepare menu items, following standard recipes, for Symposium Wine Bar, ensuring that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
• Take inventory, stock food orders in the correct areas of the kitchen and rotate the stock as well.
• Set up and stock prep stations with all necessary supplies
• Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards; observing proper food preparation and handling techniques.
• Store food properly and safely by marking dates and items
• Keep work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation
• Performing other work-related duties as assigned
• Has an interest for how food and wine complement each other.
• Is punctual, reliable, and able to work both independently and within a team.
• Possesses great communication skills.
• Possesses ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
• 18 years of age or older
• Able to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds
• Successfully pass required screening and background check
• Must be able to legally work in the United States
• Uses problem-solving skills.
• Is adaptable to change in the work environment.
• Can maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
• 1-year or more commercial kitchen experience
• Complimentary meals while working
• Flexible schedule
• Learning and growth opportunities
• Creative environment
• Holidays off
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.