Assistant Construction Project Manager in Williamsville, NY
Iskalo Development Corp Posted: 2023-03-06
Williamsville, NY 14221
Iskalo Development Corp. is actively seeking an Assistant Construction Project Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate has 0-3 years of experience in the field. Under the guidance of the Director of Construction, the Assistant Construction Project Manager will work closely with our team of Project Managers, Superintendents, and other construction management staff to assist in the full life cycle of a variety of commercial projects from ground up construction to historic building renovation and commercial tenant improvements.
WHO WE ARE:
Iskalo Development is one of the region’s premier developers of high-quality buildings of timeless design. We are driven to deliver quality, not quantity. In doing so, we sweat the details that others don’t. We do this because it is important to us that our projects make a positive impact to their neighborhood and that they stand the test of time. And we believe that someone choosing to spend time in one of our buildings, whether it be for work in one of our commercial buildings, an overnight stay in one of our hotels, or for dinner at one of our restaurants, deserves to be treated to excellence in their surroundings.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
If you are creative, resourceful and “wired to work”, then you may be a candidate to join the team of professionals at Iskalo Development. More than ever before, you have a choice on the type of company you want to work for. Choose one where you can make a difference!
• Participate in pre-construction activities including, project planning, estimating, scope writing, bidding, scheduling, and material/subcontract contract writing
• During construction perform assist in day-to-day project management of all aspects of the projects to ensure quality standards and schedule is on track. Candidate will also perform submittal reviews, RFI responses and frequent site visits
• Assist in performing project closeout by obtaining C of O from municipality, ensuring punch list is complete, and receiving as-builts from subcontractors
• Maintain subcontractor relationships
• Ensure ongoing tenant/client satisfaction
• Maintain a positive image of Iskalo Development Corp. and its affiliates at all times
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university (Construction Management/Civil Engineering/Construction Technology) preferred
• Associate degree or 2 years trade school (Construction Management/Technology) required
• 0-3 years’ experience in the Construction industry performing construction project management work
• Strong conceptual thinker with an understanding of construction methods and materials
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project or other project scheduling software experience helpful
• Capable of assisting in managing budgets and schedule for construction projects
• Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes, and equipment
• Ability to establish positive working relationships with business contacts, peers, and colleagues
• Strong organizational and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Work performed in both a modern, well-lit office setting in addition to various construction and property sites
• Use of standard office equipment (phone, computer, copier, fax)
• Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle for daily local travel to properties and sites required
• Ability to walk, bend, lift, stand, sit, and work at computer for extended periods of time
• Must be able to climb stairs and move at an active pace throughout properties
• Must be comfortable moving through undeveloped spaces and construction zones
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Iskalo Development Corp is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.