Assembly Technician in Jamestown, NY
New Flyer of America Posted: 2021-04-21
Jamestown, NY 14701
New Flyer Industries – North American’s leading manufacturer of Heavy-Duty Transit buses in the U.S. and Canada is looking for multiple Assembler Technician.
We hope you’ll join us as we develop new greener, leaner and cleaner transit solutions in a responsible way. Don’t settle for a job when you can get ahead in a career.
Reporting to the production supervisor, this position is responsible for all required assemblies within their assigned work area, while maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
What you will do:
• Must have working knowledge of assemblies within specific area (training provided)
• Must be able to perform all assemblies within a specified work area (training provided).
• Must be able to work on blueprints, process sheets, and/or written instructions.
• Must have working knowledge of hand air tools.
• Must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach. Must be able to climb up and down, as well as work using a ladder.
• Employee is regularly exposed to vibration, and occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
• Must be present on the job to perform the assigned duties and be able to work overtime which is often required to meet production schedules.
Skills and Experience:
• No experience necessary will train for assigned work area
• Ability to use small hand and power tools repetitively, as well as measuring tools.
• Ability to read and follow intermediate measurements and instructions.
• Good communication skills, ability to work with little supervision, and ability to work in a team environment.
Starting wage $16.88 and comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage and 401K match.
Full time position 7:00am – 3:30pm, M – F, Overtime may be required
If you would like to apply for the position of Assembler Technician, or know someone who would, please submit a resume via the Quick Apply below