Assembler in Buffalo, NY
Power Drives (PDI) Posted: 2022-11-01
Buffalo, NY 14220
We are looking for an Assembler 2nd Shift with a strong manufacturing background to assemble, test and tag hoses, tubes, fittings, and accessories with the highest level of quality and efficiency.
The trick is doing all of this while having fun in a fast-growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization.
PDI is a pet and human friendly environment located in the Larkinville district of Buffalo with a culture that rewards teamwork, accountability, integrity, respect, and continuous improvement.
Objective: To assemble, test and tag hoses, tubes, fittings, and accessories with the highest level of quality and efficiency.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to comprehend and execute work assignments with minimal follow up supervision
• Ability to stand throughout entire shift
• Be customer service and quality driven
• Ability to read and comprehend blueprints
• Ability to be cross trained in other functions
• Observant, attentive to detail, and quality conscious
• Self-motivated and task driven
• Basic math, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Execute assignments as given by the supervisor or group leader
• Meet or exceed quality of work and quantity expectations
• Follow all work instructions, policies, work rules, safety guidelines, and work procedures
• Utilize measurement devices like calipers, digital scales, and gage clocks to perform quality checks as required
• Perform basic preventative equipment maintenance as assigned
• Participate in problem solving, continuous improvement, and customer complaint resolution efforts
• Immediately inform supervisor or group leader of all equipment, process, material, safety, or quality concerns
• Training other team members as assigned
• Participate in daily area clean up and more significantly facility clean-up efforts as assigned
• Read and understand product blueprints and technical data sheets as required
• Set up machinery and properly use protractors and other jigs and fixtures as required
• Ensure completed product and left-over materials are returned to proper locations
• Accept reassignments to other departments as workload dictates
Please apply with resume via Quick Apply