Senior Lead Custodian in Orchard Park, NY
McGard Posted: 2022-05-02
Orchard Park, NY 14127
Covid update--McGard is an essential manufacturing company located in Orchard Park. The health and safety of our employees is paramount; thus, we have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Senior (Lead) Custodian:
2nd Shift (3:00PM – 11:30PM; Monday – Friday)
Ability to work overtime during the week and Saturdays
• Keeping the manufacturing and office areas in a clean and orderly condition.
• Provide lead direction to custodial team.
• High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years of custodial experience in a commercial and/or industrial setting.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Understand how to properly assign job tasks/delegate workload to department employees.
• Shows capability to plan, inspect, record, and report on work performed by custodial workers.
• Works as a team player, helping to meet departmental and Company goals and objectives.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and orally.
• Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
• Demonstrate ability to sweep, vacuum, mop, sanitize, dust, shampoo/steam carpets and furniture and generally clean various items and areas of the facility (i.e. spills, walls, fixtures, drinking fountains, emptying waste baskets, etc.).
• Previous experience operating vacuum cleaner, power trucks, buffing machine & floor scrubber preferred.
• Position requires individual to be capable of traveling and working throughout the entire facility, within reasonable accommodation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Able to walk, stand, reach, climb, bending/stooping, kneeling/squatting & use of manual dexterity frequently.
• Occasionally lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or carrying up to 21-50lbs.
Comprehensive benefits package includes: quarterly profit sharing, 401(k) plan, health, dental and life insurances, paid personal days, vacation, holidays, plus more. To get a better feel of McGard and how you could realize your full potential with a career with us, please visit www.mcgard.com/jobs.
Apply online at below link.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.