Dental Assistants in Blasdell, Buffalo, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2021-11-04
Blasdell, Buffalo, NY 14219
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking a Dental Assistant for all our locations including Buffalo, Blasdell & Hamburg. The Dental Assistant will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, coordinating the efforts of the dental assistants to ensure efficient patient flow in and out of operations. For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve.
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals.
- Demonstrates competency in taking digital radiographs, periapical, bitewing, and panoral x-rays
- Demonstrates competency in pouring plaster models
- Sets up and operates all dental/medical equipment
- Sets up and breaks down operatories for each procedure of the day
- Performs and follows proper clinical protocols and procedures for removal, cleansing, sterilization, and packaging of dental instruments
- Accurately prepares lab scripts for dentists, packages cases and calls dental lab for pick up
- Successful completion of a dental assisting program or relevant training
- At least one year dental assisting experience in a general dentist practice preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Superb organizational skills
Benefits: There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Neighborhood Health Center. In addition to working to effect positive change in the health and lives of thousands of residents of Western New York, Neighborhood Health Center offers its full-time employees a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b, flexible spending accounts, and generous paid time off. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on patient care. This position will offer a signing bonus, a quarter of which to be paid out at hire, and the remaining 75% after success completion of 120 days of employment.
At Neighborhood Health Center, we enjoy working in a team-based, patient-centered environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that values our patients and the communities we serve.
To apply, please visit our Careers page or Quick Apply with resume below: