Billing Assistant in Buffalo, Blasdell, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2021-12-27
Buffalo, Blasdell, NY 14207
Billing Assistant (Northwest, Blasdell)
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking Patient Service Representative (PSR) at our Blasdell and Northwest office locations. The PSR will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, processing claims, following up on denials, and assisting with sliding fee applications.
For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve. There are many fantastic benefits to a career at NHC. We offer employees a kind, diverse, team-based work environment with competitive compensation and potential bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b match, health savings accounts, generous paid time off and loan forgiveness, if applicable.
- Reviews the scheduled appointment report daily to identify any patients that need to speak to billing in regards to an overdue balance or any other billing related problem
- Assists patients in completing sliding fee applications, assures accurate collection of required documentation and calculation of household income
- Tracks and resolves incomplete and expiring sliding fee applications
- Assists patients in applying for any additional programs currently offered to assist in meeting financial obligation (ie patient financial assistance program, prompt pay)
- High School diploma or equivalent with training in clerical skills
- Minimum of one year experience in Medical Billing, Insurance verification, FQHC knowledge
- Allscripts PM knowledge preferred but not required
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. A second language of Spanish preferred
- Willing to cooperate and be flexible when working with patients, co-workers and management to complete a job.
To apply, please visit our Careers page: