Assistant Manager of Food Service in Buffalo, NY
UB Campus Dining & Shops Posted: 2022-08-11
Buffalo, NY 14261
UB Campus Dining & Shops
Making a difference one plate at a time.
Provides support and assistance to the unit manager in the areas of scheduling, time and attendance tracking, along with the supervision, coaching, and training of the unit employees, which consist of students, unions, and student managers.
Expected House of Work:
This is a full time position whose schedule is based on the customers’ needs and needs of the business. The position primarily works a set schedule during the school year, includes 1 weekend day and can include weekends, evenings, and late night hours. The position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week in summer, minimum of 47.5 hours a week during the school year, and additional hours during peak periods of business and special events. Scheduled shifts can vary in length. Weekends and evenings are required. This position is considered a non-exempt position, which means that you will be eligible for overtime time pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek.
Education and Training
· Associate’s degree or higher in food service or related field.
· Equivalent education/experience will substitute for minimum qualifications.
· 2 years progressively responsible experience managing a similar food service operation.
· Experience in a high volume food service establishment preferred.
At Campus Dining and Shops, we offer benefits that cover your health, well-being, and future.
- Competitive Pay
- Set schedules to support a work like balance
- Comprehensive training program
- Paid time off
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Health Benefits including: Quality affordable health care, HRA for eligible medical expenses, and Vision Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403 (b) retirement program with company match
- Daily Meal Allowance
Please apply online using the link below: