Youth Support Specialist in Lockport, NY
New Directions Youth & Family Services Posted: 2021-03-21
Lockport, NY 14094
Full-Time and On-Call positions available at all locations- Lockport, Lancaster ,Randolph
All Shifts available
POSITION SUMMARY: The Youth Counselor position is responsible for sharing with other staff the responsibility for creating and maintaining a therapeutic milieu. This is achieved in part by supervising youth 24 hours per day, assisting youth with daily living, providing individual and group counseling and support, and ensuring the safety and welfare of all youth in care at New Directions Youth & Family Services, Inc.
SKILL, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum Education and/or Professional Qualifications/Skills
• Degree preferred.
• High school Diploma/GED
• Previous experience in child care preferred. Must be able to build appropriate, respectful relationships with youth, guide their development, manage unit/cottage effectively, participate in overall treatment plan, and be able to exercise common sense and professional judgment.
Special – Personal Skills, Qualities, Aptitudes and Physical Requirements
New Directions Youth & Family Services, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Ability to work effectively with youth, families, staff and community contacts from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
2. Ability to deal effectively with hostile youth or families.
3. Ability to accept supervision and perform as part of a team.
4. Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
5. Ability to interface with people (groups and individuals) and communicate within various mediums (logbooks, E-mail, telephone).
6. Must have a valid driver’s license, adequate auto insurance and meet the criteria for driving set forth in the New Directions Driver’s License policy and Auto Insurance policy. Exception: Youth Counselors who have been placed temporarily in a non-driving position.
7. Ability to pass annual physical for Category 3 job classification in accordance with New Directions Employee Health policy.
8. Must comply with Agency safety standards and be responsible for own actions and conduct concerning safety and healthy working conditions
For More Information contact
Tim Chavers at 716-535-1744 ext. 458
or Apply below with resume