Youth Services Counselor - PT in Buffalo, NY
Community Action Organization of WNY (CAO) Posted: Jul 20, 2020
Buffalo, NY 14214
Youth Services Counselors (20-25 hours per week) $13.00/hr.
Provide students with academic and character development activities by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (other duties may be assigned).
- Must be physically able and willing to maintain constant supervision of students.
- Participate in all trainings/meetings provided. Become familiar with and implement department and program policies, procedures and values.
- Participate in ALL activities with your students in all settings. Encourage and facilitate your students participation by implementing appropriate strategies.
- Instruct and tutor students with school progress and homework by assisting them with organization and study skills.
- Completes weekly recordkeeping of each students progress and activities; reports to Youth Service Site Coordinator.
- Keep Site Coordinator informed of all situations that may occur with any of your students.
Observe student behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
Ride the CAO van or bus provided by CAO with students as a Bus Aide after program is complete to ensure safety of the student at least once a week.
Must participate in at least three (3) SES recruitment events during the school year.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be at least 18 years of age at the start of employment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
Required: High school diploma and prior experience working with children.
Preferred: At least one year college level work in subject area; teaching or tutoring experience.