Welder in Tonawanda, NY
Keller Technology Posted: 2021-09-27
Tonawanda, NY 14150
Keller Technology Corporation (KTC) is a global supplier of manufacturing and engineering services, with facilities located in Buffalo, New York, and Charlotte, North Carolina. We specialize in four areas including custom machinery, precision fabrication, automated systems for medical device manufacturing, and contract manufacturing. Keller delivers sophisticated manufacturing solutions for many industries including Engineered Materials, Semiconductors, Robotics, Chemicals, Medical and Life Science, Energy Research, and Industrial Technologies.
We are currently seeking to fill the following positions for our Buffalo location.
We are looking for a highly motivated, well organized, team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. High degree of ownership, and desire to make those around you better.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Set up jobs, fabricate from drawings, and weld to required specifications
2. Use shop computer stations to retrieve digital project drawings and job information as required
3. Work to specified target hour schedules per job
4. Troubleshoot, adjust, and operate welding equipment, welding processes, and materials
5. Track parts for jobs, move parts as needed, some fork truck operation
6. Ability to occasionally assist in other departments (assembly, material handling) when required
7. Provide quality control of own parts
8. Participate in occasional meetings and promote general job safety and workplace improvement
9. Able to certify per code specifications
10. Willing to work overtime as needed; sometimes frequently and consistently
Qualifications and Skills:
• Skilled in GMAW and GTAW welding
• Experience with Carbon Steel, Stainless steels and Aluminum, with the ability to pass a Tig weld test on 2" Stainless Steel pipe (6G position) and a MIG weld test on 3/4" plate steel (2G position)
• Experience with Hastelloys, and Inconel a plus
• Must have excellent blueprint interpretation, layout, and follow through with fixture preparation
• Outstanding problem-solving ability and desire to improve current processes
• High degree of project ownership
• Professionalism, progressive mindedness, and willingness to grow with organization
• Must have familiarity with code welding; vessels and vacuum chambers a plus
Experience: Minimum 7 Years experience
Education: High School Diploma or GED, Trade school degree or certificate preferred.
To learn more about KTC, visit below link.
KTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran