Warehouse Coordinator in Tonawanda, New York
Prentice Office Environments Posted: 2023-05-16
Tonawanda, New York 14150
Position Summary: Responsible for the oversight of warehouse operations; maintain an organized inventory process and efficient use of space. Ensure that all incoming and outgoing product is properly accounted for. Manage all damage claims and returned product with Sales Coordinator. Manage all stock inventory and customer inventory at company warehouses. Ensure that all warehouse operations are functioning properly each day. Assist in delivery and installation, as needed.
• Direct and assist in unloading of all trucks in warehouse. Check paperwork for all incoming and outgoing product and freight, coordinate with Sales Coordinators when needed. Enter receiving data into Hedberg when needed.
• Inspect damaged furniture and other products. Report damages to Sales Coordinators and complete internal and external paperwork, as well as photo submissions. When necessary and possible, repair product for delivery with assistance from Service Technician
• Organize warehouse for safe, clean, and efficient storage of product; sweep during downtime.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate company inventory, including running inventory status reports, ensuring showroom items are properly labeled, and completion of year-end inventory accounts and reporting with assistance of Operations Coordinator.
Education, Experience and Work Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• A minimum of 2 years of prior office furniture installation experience preferred.
• Must have at the time of hire, and maintain throughout employment, a valid NYS driver’s license with no major infractions.
• A pre-employment physical examination and drug screening must be successfully completed.
• Forklift Certified/Powered Industrial Truck Certified (if applicable)
• At all times you must maintain company uniform provided to you (ie: pants, t-shirts and/or polo, hat and work boots).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to operate a mobile phone, computer and printer, copier, and fax machine.
• Ability to operate hand-held power tools, forklift truck, wheeled dollies, panel carts and a mobile phone.
• Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, sit, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear and perform repetitive motions.
• Ability to exert in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Ability to plan, schedule and assign work, instruct and train staff, check and approve work of staff.
• Moderate mental and visual application required for performing manual work, setups, inspection, and adjustments that require frequent decisions to detect and adjust for variance from proper operation.
• Attention to detail is critical for this position. Must be able to meet deadlines, as needed.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work overtime on short notice or no notice, and travel out-of-town, sometimes overnight, on occasion.
• Participate on company teams and committees as appropriate to ensure integration of activities.
• Must have a positive attitude and good work ethic.
• Ability to work with individuals internal to the organization, including all departments to leverage resources and ensure that activities are complementary and focused on the customer.
Some featured benefits include Health/Dental Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Company Holidays, access to Prevailing Rate projects
Please respond by email using the quick apply below: