Warehouse Associate I in Lancaster, NY
Parker Hannifin Posted: 2021-06-03
Lancaster, NY 14086
Multiple Current Openings for Warehouse Associate I / Shipping & Receiving
Great Benefits! $1,250 Sign on Bonus!
Perform a variety of distribution activities including shipping, receiving, material handling, put away and inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Follows established safety and environmental policies, procedures and methods applicable to the work area.
2. Trained and assigned to work in multiple areas of distribution.
3. Receives incoming materials and ships outgoing product/materials to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of inventory and product.
4. Picks and routes items to specified departments. Properly and safely handles and moves materials throughout the facility to meet production demands and customer delivery expectations.
5. Assists in putting received product away in the assigned location with the proper labeling.
6. Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
7. Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper or Buyer, to rectify damages and shortages.
8. Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
9. Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
10. Operates tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
11. Assists in inventory control processes.
12. Performs other duties as necessary.
13. Basic Wood Construction skills for crating. This includes safe operation of wood shop equipment and practices.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Parker Hourly Job Description Page 2 of 2
Warehouse Associate I – Gr. 2 Rev Date 11.17.16 (only current rev kept on file)
• 1 – 2 years of experience in a warehouse role preferred.
• Previous forklift experience and training preferred.
• Knowledge of order processing systems.
• Computer skills including MS Office ability to learn Parker business systems.
• Flexibility in working hours – willing to work any hours needed and overtime as necessary.
• Basic and adaptable Computer skills
• RF Gun Knowledge. Should be proficient after 6 months of service
• Forklift, Reach Truck, Narrow Aisle material handling equipment
• Basic framing construction background
• Some Logistics background including Freight Preparation, Bills of Lading, Trucking requirements and knowledge
• Familiarity with UPS, FedEx, other small parcel handling and recording
Parker Hannifin Onsite Career Fair!
4087 Walden Ave, Lancaster, NY 14086
Thursday, June 24th
3:00pm - 6:00pm
Offers made on the spot!
You may also apply online at: Parker.com on the careers page.